Thursday, June 7, 2007

Everyday is Sunshine!


Reasons why Brooklyn is amazing part 3: Whilst in the middle of work call this afternoon I heard the distinct sounds of revelry on the streets. Sure enough, I looked out the window and there was a parade!

I have always been a firm believer in partying for party's sake, letting your freak flag fly, if it feels good just do it sort of thing. So i can totally appreciate a good Thursday afternoon parade. The great thing about this parade while I'm sure they had a reason and permits to be out there, I could not figure out what it was.

There were not any hula-hoops, hard-house dj's, body paint, or pre burning-man wind ups.
This was pretty wholesome just high school bands, boy scouts, girl scouts, military vets, momma's pushing strollers and old church ladies.
At one point the entire parade got held up while they waited for lagging back end of the parade. Or the front end did not seems as too sure of their intended route. Which I was told was only going through my neighborhood ( like 10 blocks).

Towards the end a young lady gave me a lolli-pop in the shape of a cross. So Jesus had something to do with it.

Be that as it may. The entire thing put a smile on my face.
Brooklyn,Jesus,Me-1
San Francisco,Satan-0

No comments: